The current landscape:
Beyond 12 is a national technology-based nonprofit that was launched in 2010 to dramatically increase the number of students from under-resourced communities who graduate from college and who translate their degrees into meaningful employment and choice-filled lives. In partnership with high schools and colleges, our mobile college success platform and our virtual coaches provide students with the academic, social, and emotional support they need to succeed in higher education and beyond. We envision a world in which a student’s race, zip code, and parent’s level of education will no longer predict their college graduation outcomes or their future success.
"A college degree is vital to a student’s chances of succeeding in their career and life -- I am excited to join Beyond 12’s important efforts to support students on that journey.”
- Shonda Rhimes, creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal," Beyond 12 Board Member
A DAY IN
20% People Management
Your JobAs the Senior Director of Development, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the fundraising strategy, systems, and tools that will allow Beyond 12 to secure the philanthropic investments necessary to achieve its ambitious goal of serving one million first-generation college students annually by 2030.
- BUILD Beyond 12's fundraising infrastructure - tools, team, and processes - to support our goal of raising approximately $40 million over the next 3 years.
CREATE strategy to share Beyond 12's story broadly, positioning us as a higher education thought leader and effective "big-bettable" model that can translate a large infusion of capital into systemic change.
STEWARD Beyond 12's supporters so they become powerful evangelists for our work as demonstrated by a 95% annual retention rate and an 80% annual attendance rate at key Beyond 12 events.
You report to the Founder & CEO, Alexandra Bernadotte
Location: San Francisco Bay Area preferred, but willing to consider other locations
Start date: September 2022
Salary range: $175,000 - $190,000 plus benefits
WHAT STAKEHOLDERS SAY
“Our culture creates the space for you to be your best self. We support you as an employee and our mission.”
Your Future Legacy
- You helped lead Beyond 12's efforts to raise the capital necessary to significantly scale our reach and impact.
- You developed the tools and systems that allow Beyond 12 to support our donor acquisition, retention, and growth efforts.
- You helped disrupt the cycle of generational poverty in America by leveraging the power of technology and coaching to eliminate the barriers that make college completion elusive for so many.
Application: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and written and video responses by June 13, 2022. If your application is chosen to advance, we will reach out to you directly with instructions for group interview day.